Our mission is “Lifting those in need to lives of sustainable self-sufficiency.” Hope Harbor accomplishes this mission by providing services to needy and displaced homeless, near homeless families, women and children. We help meet their needs for safe shelter, meals, and supportive case management with a goal of obtaining permanent housing and becoming self-sufficient.
Thank you to all the individuals, organizations and groups who generously give in support of Hope Harbor. Your donations truly make a difference in the lives of others.
Hope Harbor balances assistance with accountability to encourage a sense of gratitude and self-confidence; teaching the people we serve to more fully realize their true potential. Residents are asked to give a 40 hour a week time commitment to begin working on their life-changing plan. This commitment may include:
- Attending classes that teach financial responsibility, parenting, problem solving, coping skills, job hunting techniques and more
- Meeting with our Case Managers to set goals and gauge progress
- Reducing personal debt and improve savings
- Enhancing the lives of others through community service
- Assisting with meal preparation for fellow residents
- Cleaning and site maintenance chores
- Pursuing employment to stop the cycle of homelessness
In addition, each resident is responsible for the care of their own children, as well as household management duties such as meal preparation and cleanliness. Residents who refuse to participate in any of these requirements may lose all or part of the services we provide.
If you are in need of services, please print the application, sign it and take it into our offices for processing, or fax (308) 385-5195.
Hope Harbor's Emergency Shelter is located on the West side of the shelter, located at 610 W. Division. The Emergency shelter provides a safe place to stay for the night. This program serves women & children, and does not require paperwork prior to check in. The emergency shelter is a short-term solution for those in need of immediate housing.
Check in time at the Emergency Shelter is 9:15pm each night. Checkout time is 8am.
The General Assistance program is open to those in need in our community. This program is not limited to residents of Hope Harbor, and includes single men. If you are in need of General Assistance services, please complete the application at our office.
What is General Assistance?
- Receiving and processing donated goods, and distributing goods to those in need. Donated items include:
- Hygiene items for adults, children, and infants
- Household items including but not limited to bedding, towels, kitchen utensils, silverware, plates, pots and pans, etc.
- Individualized referrals and budgeting assistance
- Transportation assistance in special circumstances
- Gas vouchers
- Bus vouchers
Donations to our General Assistance program can be dropped off at the office anytime during office hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) or after hours at the southeast resident entrance.
Need Assistance? Contact us today!