Exciting new opening! Due to promotion, we have an opening on our team for a Service Coordinator! This position will work directly with the homeless and near homeless in our community. This position is full time day hours. Qualified candidates should be flexible, have high attention to detail, and be organized. To apply, send your resume via the button below.
- Candidate must pass a complete series of background checks
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, although Human Services students or graduates preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain these within 30 days of being hired
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs as needed (sorting donations, moving food, etc)
- Ability to maintain resident, staff and volunteer confidentiality
- Be capable of accurately following written and verbal instructions
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and through written reports
- Ability to be reliable and punctual
- Ability to work with persons in need in a compassionate and dignified manner
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision
Essential Duties &Responsibilities:
- Receives, organizes, and distributes donations. Schedules surplus pick up as applicable.
- Assists with assigning tasks, supervises, and coordinates volunteers.
- Perform assessments of clients applying for Emergency Services (General Assistance and Emergency Shelter) and the Transitional Shelter Program; then perform Central Registry and Warrant Checks accordingly.
- Completes menu/recipe planning for Transitional Shelter, updates needs list, pulls food, assists to organize pantry, freezers, refrigerators, picks up milk, bread and other necessary food donations.
- Monitor the resident sign in/sign out sheet.
- Provide residents with conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Accurately enters data into the HMIS Program in accordance with the associated timeline.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Ensure confidentiality of residents, staff, and volunteers.
- Evaluate and document client daily chore completions.
- Provide Administrative Assistant with completed donation sheets.
- Collect urinalysis specimens and facilitate testing with a Breathalyzer as assigned, as needed.
- Allow access to residents prescription medications.
- Perform resident room checks for cleanliness.